This is a quick post for folks who want to DIY (do-it-yourself). I am listing steps with images to help you do it.
Step 1 - Go to Income Tax e-filing website
Step 2 - Select Prepare and submit online
Step 3 - Select ITR Form and Assessment Year
Step 4 - Fill Required Details
Step 5 - Put Employer Details, Residential Status, etc
Step 6 - Put Salary and Section 80 deductions information
Step 7 - Total Tax payable will be computed automatically
Step 8 - Verify TDS credit amount against 26AS
Step 9 - Net Tax Payable or Refundable will be shown. Put the Bank Details and submit the return
Step 10 - After submission, e-verify the return
Step 11 - Download a copy of ITR V.
ITR-V stands for Income Tax Return Verification; the IT department generates this for taxpayers to verify the legitimacy of their e-filing. It is applicable only to those who file without a digital signature.
Step 12 - Put PAN number and Date of Birth in lowercase to open the PDF
Step 13 - If sending manually then
Step 14 - Address and instructions here.
Address of CPC, Bangalore for Speed Post:
Centralised Processing Center,
Income Tax Department,
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560500
Detailed instructions provided by Income Tax Department
- Please use Ink Jet /Laser printer to print the ITR-V Form.
- Avoid printing on Dot Matrix printer.
- The ITR-V Form should be printed only in black ink.
- Do not use any other ink option to print ITR V.
- Ensure that print out is clear and not light print/faded copy.
- Please do not print any water marks on ITR-V. The only permissible watermark is that of “Income tax Department” which is printed automatically on each ITR-V.
- The document that is mailed to CPC should be signed in original in BLUE INK.
- Photocopy of signatures will not be accepted.
- The signatures or any handwritten text should not be written on Bar code.
- Bar code and numbers below barcode should be clearly visible.
- Only A4 size white paper should be used.
- Avoid typing anything at the back of the paper.
- Perforated paper or any other size paper should be avoided.
- Do not use stapler on ITR V acknowledgement.
- In case you are submitting original and revised returns, do not print them back to back. Use two separate papers for printing ITR-Vs separately.
- More than one ITR-V can be sent in the same envelope.
- Please do not submit any annexures, covering letter, pre stamped envelopes etc. along with ITR-V.
- The ITR-V form is required to be sent to Centralised Processing Center, Income Tax Department, Bengaluru, Karnataka-560500, by ordinary post or speedpost.
- ITR-Vs that do not conform to the above specifications may get rejected or acknowledgement of receipt may get delayed.
- Please note, if your verification is pending, then the ITR-V is not a proof for having filed your return.
- CPC Bangalore dispatches an email acknowledgement on the receipt of ITR-V. It should reach Bangalore within 4-5 days after sending from the date of sending ITR-V.
- You can check status of ITR-V receipt by CPC Bangalore online at www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in (official government portal)
- If your ITR-V is not been marked as received after 10 days, you can call 1800-425-2229 – Govt of India helpline from 9AM to 8PM.
Frequently Asked Questions
- have posted my ITR-V 15 days back and have not received any mail confirmation from the CPC Bangalore? What should I do ?Make sure you have given your correct mailing ID, check in your spam and check the status, call and enquire to the given number, if not received by them you may have to send the physical copy again.
CMS Meta: how to file income tax return online step by step pdf,how to file income tax return online for salaried employee,how to file income tax return online for salaried employees 2020 21,income tax filing 2019,incometaxindiaefiling gov in download,itr 1,income tax department,how to file online income tax return for salaried employee,how to file online income tax return youtube,how to file online income tax return 2018-19,how to file online income tax return philippines,how to file online income tax return pdf,how to file income tax return online for salaried employees 2019-20,how to file income tax return online for salaried employees 2018-19,how to file income tax return online for salaried employees 2020-21,how to file income tax return online step by step,itr user id and password,income tax certificate online,refund status,seventh proviso to section 139(1),itr-1,how to file itr online philippines,how to do taxes in india,how to fill a tax return,what is itr form number,how do i file my 2019 tax return,how to file rti online,itr form number,convert form 16 to xml,e verify itr,how to do e filing,how to e verify itr,how to get form 16,what is form 16,when to file itr 2020,economic times itr,income tax information in marathi pdf,who is required to file income tax return,who to file itr,income tax,how to file form 16 online,e filing guidance