Following are common FAQs related to ITR Filing
- Unable to fill the details in Schedule FA or Schedule FA is grayed out in ITR?
Answer: Select the appropriate option from the drop down in sheet Part B -TI-TTI at serial number 19 (Do you at any time during the previous year) select as “Yes” to proceed further.
- Unable to claim benefits U/S 80 TTA/TTB not enabled in Chapter VI A?
Answer: The deduction u/s 80 TTA and 80 TTB will be applicable as per the DOB/Residential status entered in the Personal Information sheet. This deduction shall be allowed only if the income has been offered in “Interest from Savings Bank” or/and “Interest from Deposits (Bank/Post Office/Co-Operative Society) in Schedule OS in Return.
For more information refer to instructions for limits on Amount of Deductions as per 'Income Tax Act'.
- Taxpayer is Unable to claim benefits U/S 80 CCD (2)?
Answer: To claim the benefits u/s 80 CCD (2), kindly select the appropriate option in the utility under 'PART (A) General Information/Personal Info tab > Select ‘Nature of employment' in ITR1 & ITR4 and in Schedule Salary in ITR2 & ITR3 to proceed further.
The deduction under this section shall be limited to 10% of “Net salary - Value of perquisites as per Section 17(2)”
- Unable to upload XML file generated by using Excel software, error is reflecting as ‘Invalid XML Please generate XML again using the latest utility’?
Answer: Invalid XML error may arise due to the following reasons,
- The taxpayer might have altered or edited the XML file generated from the ITR utility before uploading the same to the Portal.
- The taxpayer might have generated the XML file from the older version of ITR utility.
- In the case Excel utility, the PC used for generating the XML in which the .Net 3.5 frame work might have not installed or not enabled.
To install the .Net 3.5 Framework please visit the link provided (https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=21)
To enable .Net Framework
Go to Control Panel ⇒ Programs ⇒ Programs and Features ⇒ Turn Windows features on or off ⇒ Select the .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) check box, select OK and Restart the System and the generate the XML afresh.
The XML file uploaded to the portal must be generated from the latest version of ITR utility available in the e-Filing Portal.
- Unable to claim the whole donation amount claimed in ‘Donation in cash’ in 80G sec?
Answer: Deduction u/s 80G shall auto-populate from Schedule 80G provided in the utilities. To claim the same user needs to fill Schedule 80G.
Moreover the limit for Donations in Cash is Rs. 2000/- (Two thousand Rupees only), so if the amount in Donation in Cash exceeds Rs.2,000 the same is not eligible for deduction. If you have paid donations in other modes kindly enter the details in appropriate cells for claiming eligible amount of donation in returns of income for A.Y 2019-20.
- Invalid Aadhaar OTP while entering to e-verify the income tax return?
Answer: You are requested to retry after sometime by generating the fresh Aadhaar OTP and proceed further. Or Kindly contact the UIDAI Helpdesk at 1947 for Aadhaar OTP related issues.
Alternatively, you may e-Verify the income tax return through options given below:
- Login to e-Filing through Net Banking
- EVC through pre-validating Bank Account
- EVC through pre-validating Demat Account
- EVC through Bank ATM
For more information, kindly go through the HELP option provided in e-Filing website www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
Help> Taxpayer > e-Verification > e-Verification options.
- Unable to open the EXCEL utility and buttons are not working?
Answer: Download the required form from e-Filing www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
Main Screen --> Downloads --> Offline Utilities --> Click on Income Tax return Forms --> Download the required form --> extract the downloaded ITR in a folder --> open the excel utility --> enable protected view and macros button found on the top ribbon bar.
Note: Follow the given steps to enable the macros:
For MS-Office 2003
Go to Tools > Macros > Security >Select Low or Medium, save the excel-utility and re-open it.
For MS-Office 2007
Go to Excel Options > Trust Centre > Trust Centre Settings > Macro Settings > Enable all macros and Go to Excel Options > Trust Centre > Trust Centre Settings > ActiveX Settings > enable all controls without restriction and without prompting Save the excel-utility and re-open it.
For MS-Office 2010 and 2013
When you open the Excel Utility, the yellow Message Bar appears with a shield icon and the Enable Content button. Click on the Enable Content to enable the macros.
- Unable to Link Aadhaar with PAN due to profile mismatch and unable to file the income tax return?
Answer :The mentioning the valid 12 digit Aadhaar number/ 28 digit Enrolment ID [for those who are yet to get Aadhaar but enrolled] in the ITR form is made mandatory for filing of returns.
- If you have obtained AADHAAR then kindly enter the 12digit AADHAAR number in the ITR.
- If you have not obtained AADHAAR then kindly enter the 28 digit Enrolment ID in the ITR.
- I have made the tax payments successfully and still the pending tax is showing in Tax Paid Verification sheet?
Answer : You are requested to enter the e-Pay tax payment details (BSR Code, Challan Details etc) manually while filing the income tax return in 'Tax Details' sheet under 'Sch IT - Details of Advance tax and self-assessment tax payments' and proceed further.
- Unable to Generate XML ITR through Java software error states “Please enter the Date of Filing”?
Answer: Date of Filing need to be entered in CFL Schedule of ITR for successful generation of XML
- In schedule TR filed Taxpayer Identification Number is not matching with taxpayer identification Number entered in schedule FSI?
Answer: Kindly download latest ITR software and proceed further
- In Schedule S in Field 3 drop down value of: Sec 10(13A) - Allowance to meet expenditure incurred on house rent" is more than (50% of drop down value of “Basic Salary and Dearness Allowance) or House Rent Allowance" in the Sl. No 1a of all employees of Sch. S or in Sch. S in Field 3 dropdown value of "Sec 10(10AA)-Earned leave encashment" is more than dropdown value of "Leave Encashment" in the Sl. No. 1a of all employers of Sch. S
Answer: Deduction for House Rent Allowance u/s 10(13A) at Point-3 can be claimed only if the same is offered as Salary Income in “Salary as per Section 17(1)”in “House Rent Allowance”. Similarly any Salary exemption claimed u/s 10 should be offered in schedule salary (Salary as per 17(1), Salary as per 17(2) and salary as per 17(3), whichever applicable).
- Getting error “Amount should be numeric, on negative, no decimal, up to 14 digits” in Schedule Tool 112A/115AD(1)(iii)proviso?
Answer: The amount needs to be entered manually up to two decimal Values.
- Please fill the amount field at point B or and Point D, If not applicable, enter zeros in Schedule AL?
Answer: If Yes is selected in Point A of AL Schedule than the all the details in Point A needs to be mentioned. Point B, C, D has to be filled accordingly.
If No is secluded in Point A of AL Schedule than also value has to be mentioned in Point B, C, D.
- Unable to Select 115H?
Answer: Question related to selection of 115H would be enabled only if the Residential status is selected as “Resident” and Status selected as “Individual”.
16. Deduction(s) u/c VI-A is not allowing?
Answer: Deduction u/c VI-A is not allowing may be because there is no Income being offered in the Return. Please fill some Income and then proceed to fill deduction(s) u/c VI-A, the same shall be allowed up to the maximum eligible amount.
Related Keywords: tax consultant in mumbai | tax consultant in navi mumbai | advisory firms in mumbai | top tax consultants in india | advisory firm in mumbai | tax consultant near me |tax consultant course | income tax consultant near me | tax consultant fees | tax consultant in pune | tax consultant website | tax consultant in kalyan